Dining chairs are made of different materials such as metal, wood, acrylic, stone, plastic or glass. Although these materials used in the production of chairs have various advantages, they also have disadvantages; their cons to one user may be an advantage to another.
However, choosing the right sets of chairs is paramount in setting the restaurant’s ambience, providing comfort to the user, and improving the quality of your restaurant. Buyers should analyse the pros and cons of all chair materials about their interior or exterior use to provide maximum benefits to both the restaurant owner and the guest.
Here materials used in diner chairs manufacturing such as wood, metal, and plastic shall be analysed.
Wooden chairs are known for the warmth and comfort they provide. They are usually lightweight furniture frames with high-quality structural integrity that offers a homey feeling for users. They are durable chair frames available in soft and hardwood and variations such as ash, oak, etc.
Pros of Wood
- It can be designed to suit both contemporary and local themed restaurants
- It is suited for outdoor use and can withstand exposure to harsh environmental elements
- It is available in different colours, styles, and types
- Wooden chairs help to bring out the aesthetic design in a room. It gives off a feeling of natural comfort and has varieties for dark or light hues and other wide-ranging colour spectrums. It also creates a sense of warmth.
- Wooden furniture is easy to maintain; oiling, waxing, and polishing can be done occasionally.
- It is cost-effective.
- It is a durable and stable option with robust materials and can retain its value for a long time.
- It is not an ideal option as it is easily flammable
- Wood is prone to moisture, and treating wood moisture is expensive. It can be easily destroyed by pets such as beetles, termites, carpenter ants and bees.
- It is prone to warping as it can twist, swell, or shrink.
- Some woods contain toxic chemicals that can cause death when burnt in a closed space.
Metal chairs are very strongest types of furniture materials. They are very durable and long-lasting materials that are not easily prone to wear and tear. It is a great choice for outdoor furniture and is available in different styles and designs. It is also friendly to the human skin and is pest resistant.
- It is less expensive when compared to wooden furniture
- It does not snap or bend easily
- The thin frame makes it easy to stack
- It is suited for heavy and consistent use
- Metals are not easily prone to chipping
- It is prone to rusts
- Not all metals are suited for outdoor use.
Plastics are chair materials molded to form a given structure. It can be made from polypropylene or polycarbonate.
- Plastics support a stacking height of up to eight piles high
- It is cost-effective and easy to maintain
- It is available Ina a variety of colours
- It can be easily transported and stored
- The chairs are lightweight and can be easily blown away
- Plastic chairs are easily prone to scratches